Mission Statement & Philosophy
Saint Joseph Catholic School is committed to providing an education rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Catholic teaching and academic excellence; which invites students to love God and others, to develop their unique talents and gifts and to become life-long learners.
We affirm the purpose of Saint Joseph Catholic School is the Christian, intellectual, social and physical growth of each child. Our aim is the development of the total person with Catholic, Christian attitudes and values, and skills fitting him/her for life in our society and in God’s Kingdom.
We recognize the need for high academic achievement in our rapidly advancing and complex world and are dedicated to providing the environment best fulfilling this need. We expect our children, reflecting their individual abilities, to achieve in academic areas at a rate equal to or greater than surrounding schools.
We recognize that not all societies and/or communities share our Christian values and/or belief. We are dedicated to preparing each child for his/her place in our society. It is our desire to instill in each child a working knowledge of the Catholic faith.
Further recognizing our physical nature, we are dedicated to developing the child’s physical talents and training him/her to use these talents for the general welfare of society.
- The student will be taught the basic truths of the Catholic religion.
- The student will be helped to internalize Christian values and to give concrete expression to these values through Christian service to others.
- The student will prepare for and actively participate in liturgical and para-liturgical services.
- The student will be taught different forms of prayers.
- The student will be helped to grow in the knowledge that he/she is not only a part of his/her own family but of the school, parish and church community.
- The parents will be expected to participate in the religious training, especially the sacramental preparation, of their children.
- The student will be taught to perfect the science and process of clear, critical thinking and decision making.
- The student will be taught basic computer and verbal skills and communications of ideas.
- The student will be helped to develop a love of learning.
- The student will be taught good study habits, academic responsibility and self-discipline.
- The student will be taught to develop and demonstrate healthy Christian values and attitudes.
- The student will be helped to acquire a pleasing and cultured personality.
- The student will be taught to demonstrate a positive relationship toward teachers, clergy and classmates.
- The student will be taught to understand, respect and interact with other people.
- The student will be made aware of social pressures he/she will face in modern society and be able to address them with Christian insights.
- The student will be taught to strive to maintain social justice with his/her direct influence.
- The student will be taught to participate in activities that enhance his/her physical well-being.
- The student will be taught the importance of nutrition as essential to good health.
- The student will be given the opportunity to express his/her emotions and thus promote good mental attitudes.
- The student will be given the opportunity to participate in school activities that demonstrate healthy attitudes.